Union Shopper Plus – Member terms and conditions
*Terms and conditions apply. Only available at participating merchants.
^Cashback payments are made monthly.
These Terms govern the Union Shopper Plus Program and contain important information, including disclaimers and limitations of liability.
Please see clause 14 for definitions of capitalised terms.
- Application of these Terms
- You agree to be bound by these Terms by checking the “I have read and understood the terms and conditions” box when registering for participation in the Program on the Union Shopper Plus platform. If you do not accept these Terms, you will not be entitled to use the Program.
- You agree that you have the necessary capacity to enter into a binding legal contract.
- Union Shopper may from time to time review and update these Terms. Your use of the Program will be governed by the most recent Terms posted here. By continuing to use the Program, you agree to be bound by the most recent Terms. It is your responsibility to check the Union Shopper Website regularly for updated versions of the Terms. Union Shopper will provide you with at least 14 days’ prior notice of any material changes to the Terms. Notice of any material change to the Terms will at Union Shopper option to either be published on the Union Shopper Website or sent to the email address registered with the Program.
- The use and operation of your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card will also be subject to separate terms and conditions provided to you by your Card Issuer.
- You agree that you have not relied on any matter that is not expressly stated in these Terms.
- The Program
The Program allows you to earn a Cash Reward when using your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card with Participating Merchants.
- Registering for the Program
- In order to register for the Program and remain registered for the Program, you must:
- be a paid-up member of a union that has an active affiliation with Union Shopper;
- provide the mandatory User Information required by the Union Shopper Plus Program;
- register a valid eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card to your Union Shopper Plus Account;
- be an authorised holder and user of the eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card; and
- fully and validly complete the registration process.
- You can register all of your eftpos, Mastercard and Visa cards in the Program providing they are all in your name and issued by an Australian financial institution.
- You must maintain and promptly update the User Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. It must include a current email address.
- Your Union Shopper Plus Account will be active upon registration and verification in accordance with these terms.
- You represent and warrant that:
- you are the individual identified in the registration and verification process;
- you are an authorised user of the Mastercard or Visa card; and
- the User Information that you have provided to Union Shopper Plus Account is true and correct.
- If you provide any User Information that Union Shopper believes to be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Union Shopper may suspend or terminate your Union Shopper Plus Account and remove your access to the Program.
- If you provide any incorrect information or details (whether fraudulently or by mistake), you may not be entitled to earn Cash Rewards.
- When using the Program, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Information, and for restricting access by third parties to your Union Shopper Plus Account. You are liable if your User Information is used by an unauthorised person or for an unauthorised purpose. You are fully responsible for all activities that are conducted under your Account.
- If you believe that any of your User Information has been compromised, lost or misplaced, you must contact Union Shopper immediately.
- Special conditions of use
- In order to be eligible for a Cash Reward, you must:
- make a purchase with a Participating Merchant;
- use a Mastercard or Visa card that is registered to a Union Shopper Plus Account; and
- if you make a purchase using electronic funds transfer at a physical over the counter point of sale, ensure that your purchase is made using your registered eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card for payment at the time of purchase whether or not your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card is a credit card, debit card, or prepaid- reloadable card.
- You agree that the Cash Reward can only be applied to your Union Shopper Plus Account registered to your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card. If a different credit, debit or prepaid-reloadable card is used which is not registered to the Union Shopper Plus Account, no Cash Reward will be earned.
- You must retain a copy of both the tax receipt and point-of-sale credit card receipt for each eligible transaction to which these Terms apply as these receipts may be needed as evidence in the event of a dispute or to verify qualifying purchases.
- By registering a payment card in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorize the Union Shopper or its agents to share your payment card information with either eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card (depending upon the registered card). You authorise eftpos, Visa or Mastercard (depending upon the registered card) to monitor transactions on your registered card(s) to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you have qualified for or earned an offer linked to your payment card, and for eftpos, Visa or Mastercard to share such transaction details with Union Shopper Plus to enable your card- linked offer(s) and target offers that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of transaction monitoring on the payment card(s) you have registered by selecting the “opt out” link in “My details” within your Plus Account.
- Participating Merchants
- You may only receive a Cash Reward when using the Program with Participating Merchants.
- Participating Merchants are subject to change. A full list of the current Participating Merchants can be found at the Union Shopper Plus Website. It is your responsibility to check the Union Shopper Plus Website regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest Participating Merchants and Cash Reward offerings.
- All transactions using your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card are with the Participating Merchant and not with Union Shopper nor Union Shopper Plus. Neither Union Shopper nor Union Shopper Plus have any responsibility or obligation for the transaction with the Participating Merchant. Neither Union Shopper nor Union Shopper Plus endorses or warrants any goods or services of Participating Merchants.
- Cash Reward
- What is a Cash Reward?
The Cash Reward is not property and may not be transferred, sold, held on trust, bequeathed or inherited.
- Receiving a Cash Reward
- The Cash Reward is calculated on the amount of Australian dollars charged to your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card, less any amounts referred to in clause 6.b(iv).
- You acknowledge that the Cash Reward to which you are entitled may vary where you have entered into an agreement with third parties in relation to the Program.
- The Cash Reward to which you are entitled in any given transaction may depend on factors such as:
- minimum spend;
- maximum spend;
- time of purchase;
- number of purchases; and/or
- a number of other targeted selection criteria.
- The Cash Reward will not be earned in respect of the following amounts that may be charged to your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card:
- interest and other bank fees and charges including without limitation foreign exchange conversion fees and reversals (and any GST payable on any of these);
- excluded transactions;
- balance transfers; and
- payments in which you do not use the “credit” (CR) or “debit” (DB) facility, including payments made through the Bpay® Electronic Payments Scheme.
- Subject to clauses 6.b(vi) and 6.b(vii), you will receive the Cash Reward to which you are entitled within 90 days of the date on which the relevant transaction is settled by your Card Issuer and the Participating Merchant.
- You acknowledge that it is the responsibility of your Card Issuer and the Participating Merchant to settle transactions. Whilst usually this occurs 24-72 hours after the transaction takes place, your Card Issuer or the Participating Merchant may not settle a transaction for up to 90 days.
- You may not receive a Cash Reward if:
- your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card is cancelled for any reason;
- your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card has been lost or stolen (until the registered lost or stolen card has been removed from your Union Shopper Plus Account and has been replaced and you update your Union Shopper Plus Account details in accordance with clause 6.b(viii);
- your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card has an expiry notification and you have not renewed your Visa or Mastercard (until you renew your Visa or Mastercard and update your Union Shopper Plus Account details in accordance with clause 6.b(viii); or
- The Union Shopper reasonably suspects that you have breached these Terms or the terms and conditions associated with your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card in any way.
- In order to continue using the Program, you must ensure that your Union Shopper Plus Account details reflect your current eftpos, Visa and Mastercard number and expiry date. Replacement eftpos, Visa and Mastercard’s must be re- registered to your existing Union Shopper Plus Account. In the event that the circumstances referred to clauses 6.b(vii)(2) or 6.b(vii)(3) occur, or if your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card is cancelled and you obtain a new eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card, you must update your eftpos, Visa or Mastercard number in your Union Shopper Plus Account (following the procedure on the Union Shopper Plus Website).
- Any changes to your Union Shopper Plus Account (including to your User Information and eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card number) will be updated by Union Shopper Plus within 5 days.
- Monitoring your Union Shopper Plus Account and using Cash Rewards
Your Cash Reward balance will be visible when you have logged into your Union Shopper Plus Account through the Rewards Website or any desktop or mobile application made available by Union Shopper Plus or authorised third parties.
- Refunds or returns and disputed transactions
- Refunds or returns of goods or services purchased by you will trigger a reversal of the relevant Cash Reward associated with that transaction.
- Where a refund or return of goods or services occurs after a Cash Reward has been claimed as a Cash Settlement, the Cash Settlement amount will become a debt due and payable from you to Union Shopper immediately (Debt). A reversal of the relevant Cash Reward associated with that transaction will occur, your Plus Account will be debited by the relevant reversed Cash Reward, and the debit will be offset against other Cash Rewards in your Plus Account including Cash Rewards you may earn in the future. Rewards may also recover the balance of the Debt from you directly and immediately upon request.
- If your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card is credited in connection with a disputed transaction, Union Shopper will adjust your Cash Reward total by deducting any Cash Reward that was earned in connection with the disputed (or subsequently reversed) transaction within 60 days (or longer depending on the terms of any agreement between you and third parties in relation to your Mastercard or Visa card).
- If you fail to comply with clause 6.b(ii):
- Union Shopper may suspend your account immediately;
- Union Shopper may liaise with your Card Issuer and other relevant third parties in order to recover the Debt; and
- Union Shopper may take any other necessary action in order to recover the Debt.
- Transferring Cash Rewards
- Cash Rewards cannot be transferred between different Union Shopper Plus Accounts.
- Cash Settlements cannot be settled to an account other than the eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card Account.
- Replacement eftpos Card’s, Visa Card’s and Mastercard’s must be re-registered to your existing Union Shopper Plus Account in accordance with clause 6.b(viii). Please log on to your Union Shopper Plus Account to register a replacement eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card.
- Termination or expiry of the Program
- Union Shopper Plus may suspend your Union Shopper Plus Account and your participation in the Program and/or terminate these Terms and your Plus Account by giving you notice with immediate effect that you have breached these Terms.
- If Union Shopper terminates these Terms and your Union Shopper Plus Account in accordance with clause 7(a), all of your Cash Rewards will vest in Union Shopper
- You may terminate your Union Shopper Plus Account for any reason by selecting the “opt out” link in “My details” within your Union Shopper Plus Account.
- Any unused Cash Rewards at the end of this period will be deposited as a Cash Settlement into your eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card Account, or if this is not possible, will vest in Union Shopper.
- Union Shopper may terminate your Union Shopper Plus Account and/or the Program for any reason at any time by giving you 7 days’ prior notice via the Union Shopper Plus website. Any Cash Reward within your Union Shopper Plus Account will be transferred as a Cash Settlement to your Mastercard or Visa card Account.
- Registration in Multiple Rewards Programs
In the event that you have registered a valid eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card to more than one Union Shopper Plus Program and you make a purchase with a Participating Merchant that is also registered to more than one Union Shopper Plus Programs, a cash reward will be paid for only one Union Shopper Plus Program.
The Union Shopper Reward Program for which you will receive the cash reward from will be determined on the following basis:
- The Union Shopper Plus Program that provides the highest cash reward; and
- If the Union Shopper Plus Program’s provide the same cash reward value, then the Rewards Program that the participating eftpos, Mastercard or Visa card was first registered to will be used a basis of payment.
- Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademarks and patents) in the Program, or any promotion of the Program by Union Shopper and all components of them are owned by, or licensed by, Union Shopper unless otherwise indicated. You must not copy, modify or transmit any such content except as permitted in these Terms or expressly agreed in writing by Union Shopper.
- Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms excludes, restricts or modifies any consumer guarantee, right or remedy conferred on you by the ACL or any other applicable law that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
- Subject to clause 11(a) and to the extent permitted by law, Union Shopper excludes all warranties, whether express or implied, including any warranties or representations:
- that the Program will be rendered with due care and skill;
- concerning the availability of the Program; and
- concerning the quality, completeness, accuracy, suitability, acceptability or fitness for purpose in relation to the Program.
- Subject to clause 11(a) and to the extent permitted by law, the maximum liability of Union Shopper and its employees, agents or contractors for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense whatsoever arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the Program, and any services advertised or accessible using the Program will be limited to the value of any valid unredeemed Cash Reward in your Union Shopper Plus Account (as determined by Union Shopper Plus) in relation to the transaction in which the claim arises. You must make any such claim within 3 months of the date of the transaction and waive your rights to make such claims thereafter.
- Union Shopper services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. You are entitled to have the services supplied again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again, if the services were not rendered with due care and skill or if the services (or the products resulting from the services) were not fit for the particular purpose outlined in these Terms.
- For the purpose of clause 11(d), you acknowledge and agree that the services supplied by Union Shopper are limited to the Program, and that the particular purpose of Union Shopper services is limited to the purpose outlined in these Terms.
- To the extent permitted by law, Union Shopper and its employees, agents or contractors will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense whatsoever arising out of the goods and services that are the subject of any qualifying purchase under these Terms.
- Subject to clause 11(a) and to the extent permitted by law, Union Shopper will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense whatsoever arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the Program, and services advertised or accessible using the Program, to the extent that such loss, damage, claim, cost or expense was caused by:
- you (for example, through your negligence or breach of contract);
- your failure to reasonably mitigate your loss; or
- events outside of Union Shopper control.
You indemnify Union Shopper in respect of all loss, damage, costs, expenses (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), fines, penalties, claims, demands and proceedings howsoever arising, whether at common law (including negligence) or under statute, in connection with any of the following:
- any breach of these Terms by you;
- your use of Program (including registration);
- any use of your Union Shopper Plus Account, including by third parties; and
- any claims that may be brought against Union Shopper or which Union Shopper must pay, sustain or incur as a direct or indirect result of the use by Union Shopper of your User Information.
- Force majeure
Union Shopper will not be liable to you for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under these Terms as a result of a cause beyond its reasonable control, including acts of God.
ACL means the Australian Consumer Law as found in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Cash Reward means the value of cash-back rewards that are registered to your Plus Account, based on qualifying transactions using your Visa or Mastercard with Participating Merchants.
Cash Settlement means the Australian dollar amount of any Cash Reward that is deposited into your Visa or Mastercard Account in accordance with these Terms.
eftpos means the authorised eftpos prepaid-reloadable, debit card with a unique eftpos number registered to your Plus Account, which has been issued by an Australian Card Issuer.
eftpos Account means the eftpos account linked to your eftpos card by your Card Issuer.
Excluded Transactions means any transaction where you:
- draw cash from the Mastercard or Visa card Account linked to the Mastercard or Visa card using an automatic teller machine, at a financial institution or from a Participating Merchant;
- receive from a Participating Merchant a cash substitute (including, but not limited to, using your Mastercard or Visa card to purchase gambling chips or tokens, travellers’ cheques or money orders, gift certificates or to load value to a stored value card or facility);
- use the Mastercard or Visa card Account to pay bills through a third party (such as Bpay®) where the Participating Merchant whose bill is being paid is not paid by Visa or Mastercard; or
- use the Mastercard or Visa card account to pay bills over the counter at a financial institution.
Mastercard means the authorised Mastercard prepaid-reloadable, debit or credit card (excluding prepaid Mastercard gift cards) with a unique Mastercard number registered to your Plus Account, which has been issued by an Australian Card Issuer.
Mastercard Account means the Mastercard account linked to your Mastercard by your Card Issuer.
Participating Merchants means merchants and retailers who participate in the Program from time to time by providing a Cash Reward. A full list of current Participating Merchants can be found at the Union Shopper Plus Website.
Program means the Rewards Program.
The Program Operator means Union Shopper ABN 64 025 355 024 (Program Provider) its controlled entities and its agent.
Plus Account means your registered account with the Union Shopper Plus Program, which enables you to use the Program and where your Cash Rewards are recognised.
Rewards means the Union Shopper Plus Program; the Union Shopper Plus Website means unionshopper.loyaltynow.com
Terms means these terms and conditions of use.
User Information means any information that the Union Shopper may request and that you provide to the Union Shopper including your email address, phone number and other personal information, Visa Card number, Mastercard number, username (which the Union Shopper may refuse to accept at its sole discretion) and password.
Visa Card means the authorised Visa prepaid-reloadable, debit or credit card (excluding prepaid Visa gift cards) with a unique Visa card number registered to your Union Shopper Plus Account, which has been issued by an Australian Card Issuer.
Visa Card Account means the Visa account linked to your Visa Card by your Card Issuer.
- Jurisdiction and law
These Terms are governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the Qld, Australia. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that Qld, Australia in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms, their performance and subject matter.
Each provision of these Terms is severable from the others and no severance of a provision will affect any other provision.
- Contact us
If you have questions about the Program, please read the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Union Shopper Plus Website or contact us.